Thursday, September 30, 2010

Articles


Just posting this stuff so i dont forget about it..













It takes a smart brain to invent a spaceship. But putting one in orbit takes a brain with extraordinary social skills.

That's because getting from concept to launchpad takes more than technology — it takes thousands of people agreeing on a common goal and working together to accomplish it.

Humans have succeeded in part because we evolved a brain with a remarkable capacity for this type of complex social interaction. We automatically respond to social cues and facial expressions.  We can look at the world from another person's point of view. We are predisposed to cooperate.

But all these things are so much a part of us, they're easy to take for granted.

Unless you have autism, like Lisa Daxer.


Carly's Voice

My name is Carly Fleischmann and as long as I can remember I've been diagnosed with autism. 

I am not able to talk out of my mouth, however I have found another way to communicate by spelling on my computer 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq--75v4lI8



No comments:

Post a Comment