Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sensory Cooking Toy

The circuits for the 3 main toys weren't working and were driving my crazy. So I took a break and worked on another toy concept Sensory cook- adding sensory feedback to play cooking; through the actions/ tasks involved: opening, pouring, stirring, shaking. 
I wanted the electronics to be as simple as possible, no IC chips just simple switches. The circuits below are DIY sensors and switches are easy to make and cost practically nothing. These can be used as simple switches or in a more complex programme can send a range of readings. 

















I made a DIY Tilt switch with copper foil, a coin and a match box. Got the idea of using a coin from Spooky Projects DIY switches but I needed it to work with a tilt so I thought of using a mat
chbox and it worked.



This a Pressure/Force Sensor made from copper foil, sponge sheet and fusing fabric (buckrum). Its not as sensitive as it should be; also need to figure out how to increase the area of the sensor and main
tain sensitivity. 





















I also made a 4 way Tilt Sensor which can be used for sensing shaking and swiveling actions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment